Celebrity | Whoopi Goldberg Whoopi to Site That Ran Fake Story: 'I'm Coming for You' Goldberg says fake article endangered her life By Newser Editors and Wire Services Posted Mar 14, 2017 7:15 PM CDT Copied This Feb. 28, 2016, file photo, shows Whoopi Goldberg at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, Calif. (Evan Agostini) Whoopi Goldberg is blasting a fake-news website that ran a story she claims "endangered" her life, the AP reports. The host of ABC's The View on Monday condemned a story that circulated last week falsely claiming that she said Navy SEAL widow Carryn Owens appeared at President Donald Trump's speech to Congress for the "attention." Goldberg said this "horrible lie" jeopardized many great relationships she has with vets and their spouses and that it "endangered" her family's life and her own. The Underground Report, which has removed the story, calls itself "a news and political satire web publication" reporting "often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways." Unsatisfied with that fine-print disclaimer, Goldberg vowed to take legal action against the Underground Report writer, warning, "I'm gonna get my lawyer and I'm coming for you." Read These Next Minneapolis shooter had a plan—and grievances. American Taylor Townsend gets an earful after her US Open win. A pregnant 17-year-old died after a road rage shooting. New Jersey officials slam American Dream mall for breaking a promise. Report an error