World | D-Day Iran Embassy Raiders Stole Invasion Plans—for D-Day Protesters 68 years too late to thwart Allied invasion By Rob Quinn Posted Dec 6, 2011 6:28 AM CST Copied This picture from "Pulp Fiction" isn't all the embassy raiders made off with. (Getty Images) See 1 more photo The Iranians who ransacked the British embassy in Tehran last week made off with some documents labeled "Most Secret" that outlined plans for a massive invasion involving the UK and the US. The intel comes nearly 70 years too late, however: The stolen documents dated from 1943 and outlined Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of Nazi-occupied France, the Guardian reports. The British ambassador had removed the documents—which included the minutes of the 1943 meeting in Tehran where Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt told Josef Stalin about plans for the D-Day landings—for a dinner marking the 68th anniversary of the meeting. "We're hoping it takes the (Revolutionary Guard) translators a good long time to realize the plans are 70 years old and talking about the invasion of France," a British diplomat says. Read These Next Trump aide gives punny response to Springsteen. Conan O'Brien finally speaks on deaths of Rob and Michele Reiner. Trump sets 10% tariff, then raises it. Hundreds offer to adopt dog abandoned at airport. See 1 more photo Report an error